Great Uses of Ideas
We've been collecting and displaying your ideas for a while.
Now it's time to start seeing the results. If you have seen
an idea in IdeaExplore that you then used at home or work,
Particularly inspiring uses will be featured here:
- Thesauro, by Gabe Recchia, based on the idea:
"In word processing software, the user should be able to 'right-click' on a word and then, like with a thesaurus, they can select another word that
means the same as the original. This would definitely be possible as thesaurus software already exists."
- Homemade candles, by Sanjay Das, based on the idea:
"Make candles by filling unused glasses with wax. Use a string as a wick."
- Food ideas, by Swarup Dutta, based on the ideas:
"To save time in the kitchen: grind in a (mini) food-processor large quantities (separately) onions, ginger, garlic etc. Put in clean glass bottles and just cover in good (light) oil. Refrigerate. Use as needed and don't add any oil while cooking."
and "For a flavorful, colorful, and healthy salad dressing, add turmeric to a light oil or oil-free dressing."
- Cleaning using toothpaste, by Swarup Dutta, based on the idea:
"Toothpaste is a very good cleaning agent for silverware and ornaments."
- Opening jars, by Swarup Dutta and Karen Smith, based on the idea:
"To open the caps of a new jar, I put a rubberband around it for a firm grip. Putting a little extra torque than usual opens the cap easily. This is my own original tried and tested trick you can use."
- Freezer defrosting, by Swarup Dutta and Tapa Dipti Sitaula, based on the idea:
"To prevent formation of ice, rub table salt on the insides of your freezer."
- Candle preserving, by Soumi Dutta, based on the idea:
"Candles will last a lot longer if placed in the freezer for at least 3 hours prior to burning"
- Fragrant artificial flowers, by Soumi Dutta, based on the idea:
"Flowers that are fake but smell real!"
- The original Aztec chocolate, by Trevor Lancaster, based on the idea:
"Chocolate: The Original Recipe. Sell the original Aztec chocolate:
the spiced, unsweetened drink. It might be surprisingly popular like that
other bitter drink from a Central American tree--coffee."
- Reusing old hard drives, by Trevor Lancaster, based on the idea:
"Hard drives taken from obsolete machines can be used to back up more data on newer machines, and are usually capable of storing more information and retrieving it more quickly than CD-Rs/CD-RWs."
- Fruit-milk desserts, by Sandip Das, based on 2 ideas
- Chewing guava leaf, by Tapa Dipti Sitaula, based on the idea:
"To strengthen your gum & cure the pain due to loosening of teeth just chew a guava leaf twice a day. You can feel the difference within 2-3 days. This is my grandma's Indian recipe which I have used extensively. She still has all her teeth at 75+."
- Vitamin B12 salad, by Sandip Das, based on the idea:
"Fortify a salad dressing with vitamin B12. It's one of the only vitamins you don't get by eating a salad, and it wouldn't noticeably affect the taste."
- Mango milkshake, by Anish Shrestha, based on the idea:
"Mango milkshake: Prepare juice from pieces of mango fruit. Add milk in 1:1 ratio along with sugar to taste. Mix it thoroughly. Add a pinch of crushed cardamum. (Note that usage of milk with mango prevents possible loose motion in some cases.)"
- Guesstimates game, by Gabe Recchia, based on the idea:
"Guesstimates: game show in which contestant with estimate closest to the answer wins points. Sample questions: how many people die each year from smoking, # of sand grains in world's beaches. After each answer, winner tells how he did it."
- Charity website, by Shyam K. Shrestha, based on the idea:
"For anyone who has ideas that have anything to do with ecology or otherwise improving the world, this site donates a dollar for each idea donated!"
- Organic waste recycling, by Jen D, based on the idea:
"A separate household garbage bin, colour-coded for collection by the local garbage service, only for organic waste (eg. vegetable waste etc.) and without plastic bags, for conversion into organic manure at a central plant."
Please take a look through the ideas to find some that you can use.
share your experiences with other users.